Sunday, March 9, 2014

Church and Woodcocks

     What a beautiful day! I think I walked four or five miles. I was checking out some birding hot spots and walking the trail. I did not see much but just walking in the sunshine was lovely.
      The brother who had the Sunday School devotions this morning does not like to speak in public and seldom does, but it was very good. First he read first Corinthians twelve. His burden was that our church members don't start nit picking about things that don't matter. That we not make other people in the church carbon copies of each other but that we recognize different gifts and callings. He brought out how he himself grew up with always wearing long sleeves to church and he still does because that is what he feels comfortable with but he is not going to force it on someone else. Really appreciated his burden.
      John preached on the tongue. Very convicting but also inspiring. Lots of scripture to go with it. Did some apologizing on the way home. He brought out how if things come out of our mouth that we wonder where that came from, we need to pause and see what is going on in our heart. "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh." He also said how we cannot praise God and then run our brother into the ground. This is one that convicted me. Somehow it was also inspiring. The idea of having our hearts so brim full of Jesus that that is what comes out without effort almost.
      Sunday school ministered too. Being citizens of heaven and ambassadors down here. Rhoda read off all that an ambassador does. Very inspiring. I asked if she would send them to me and she said she would. When she does I will try and share them.
      Then tonight Stacie and I met Joy at some cut over land and listened and watched the Woodcocks. This was on my list of things to do this spring and now I have experienced it. Woodcocks are birds, by the way. They do their courting at dusk, when it is almost dark. Thankfully, it was still light enough for us to see.
       I think this coffee and tea is increasing my energy because I seem to have more stamina and awakeness by far than I did before. I am definitely shrinking because I fit into clothes I haven't in a good while. Yay! I have lost twenty-seven pounds so far. Grin.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment