Monday, April 14, 2014

Distaste

   Greetings Fellow Travelers!
   On a tired Monday evening, after two jobs filled mostly with cleaning excessively dirty windows, I am relaxing a bit. Enjoyed the tulips, dogwoods, redbuds and the lilacs along the way. Lacy trees with their beginning leaves and even the yellow pollen dusting things are all a part of the spring beauty. On my last job this afternoon, cooking was going on for Passover. I asked some questions and felt renewed and refreshed with the wonder of God and the great wonders He has done in the past and will do now and in future.
    He has answered prayer upon prayer and cry upon cry. Praise Him! He answered our broken and humble cry that Jerry's tendon not be ruptured. He answered my cry to Him at my last job when I felt a headache and nausea approaching and  cried to Him in my heart that He would lift it. I really wanted to see brother Dale on this Ohio trip and here he and Julian come home early from fishing with a hilarious fishing story. He said almost I did not have a brother. I said, "Why? You can swim." He said, "The water was like thirty degrees." I think my faith in God is growing. I am asking more instead of whining.
     Now for the "distaste". On Saturday evening I was by myself up at Jerry's parents except for Sue and Addison in the basement so I decided to watch something. I watched some Cosby Show episodes but my attention soon waned. Somehow it was almost distasteful. Not the show but just watching something so I stopped. That was very interesting to me. Also very encouraging. I will take all of that, that I can get.
     I am enjoying having Jerry up here even though he is in a cast. It is good for us to serve him. He is always the one serving so this is rather hard on him.
     "How lovely are the feet of them that bring good news."

No comments:

Post a Comment