Friday, May 2, 2014

Tightening Of Belts

   Greetings!
   A rather long time has passed since I last posted. Things have changed rather drastically. First, my husband is laid up with a broken ankle. Side note: How do you cheer up a man that is incapacitated? Stacie and I moved him to the main floor living room so he does not have to go stairs as much. But his choices are limited with crutches. He writes, mostly, and watches things now and then.
   Another change is I am off my watching fast since my birthday which was D-day. Yes, I have started watching things again and don't feel good about it. I hate the hold it gets on me. I just realized that God said He gives a way to escape. I think He has been trying to do that and I have not noticed or thought it was just my own thoughts. Sometimes writing about things clarifies issues.
    Chris has been painting and laying tile in his house and informed us that he will probably be moving out in about a month. This came as a bit of a shocker to me. I knew it was coming but wow! this soon?! He will be missed. Makes me rather sad. I am thinking weekly family dinners, etc.
     I got to babysit Connor yesterday. He is starting to coo and was smiling quite a bit. Grand-babies are the best!
     Everything is gorgeously green and beautiful outside. I am not doing much bird watching due to being busy. More jobs than ever. Trying to do some spring cleaning, etc.
     The tightening of belts comes with no construction work and lower publisher's check than usual.
     Stacie graduates next Saturday. Another child done with college. Trips to and from Illinois continue apace. :)
     Jolene is doing well in college and is finishing her first year and plans to continue with classes this summer.
     Here's to getting my head on straight and following God's leading. Blessings to all friends! The preciousness of friendship has really been brought home to me recently.
     Oh yes! A new challenge and getting out of my comfort zone and how! Jerry wants to take to a writer's conference in Philadelphia in August and wants me to go too and be involved and then go up to upstate New York and do research for a book. The writer's conference part is what scares me. Quake!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment