Saturday, November 9, 2013

His Presence

     What happens when we come into the presence of the Lord? Weeping, repentance, joy? "In His presence is fullness of joy." Believing, believing what He has provided for us. Believing who we are in Christ. This makes me weep. All that He has provided. Too seldom do I meditate on this, too seldom do I let it break my heart.
      Curiosity can keep us from the simple joys of life. This was made very real to me this morning. The internet is a huge trap in this area and makes it far to easy to go after it. I was checking out a certain church's services and realized it really was not doing me any good or drawing me any closer to God. Plus I had other duties to perform. I shut down the computer and looked out onto our deck and there was a yellow-rumped warbler. Joy came to me then. I realized I need to live where I am at without too much concern or curiosity about other places and people. In other words, mind my own business.
       I am thankful for the joy of a quiet day. For peace. For a husband that brings me a book I like from the library. For a son that can make a yummy cheesecake. For two girls that are far away in Illinois visiting friends and a boyfriend. I am thankful that I will be a grandma soon. I am thankful for Debi who was remembering the first time she was in our house and telling me how scared she was. I am thankful for a God who can change lives so dramatically that what was before seems far away. I am thankful for the birding class I am taking along with Stacie and a church friend, Joy. I am deeply thankful for God's provision and blessing.
      My prayer: Lord, help us weak, inconsistent, and sorry people to live in your presence. Help us to take the time to spend with you alone. Oh Lord, draw us. You know how easily we push things off or put things in your place. Help us to tear down our idols and serve only you. Help us to become a praying people. Let our love for each other be without pretence. Help us to forgive offenses quickly and not become bitter. Help us remember how very much we are forgiven by you, Lord. Help us walk in the fear of you and not in the fear of man. May our lives be lived in such a way as brings glory to you. In Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment