Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Fasting and Dieting

    The urge to watch things has been stronger lately. I can almost taste it. I don't like the strength of it, especially with just, barely two months left. The harder winter doesn't help any. If it were warmer the urge to spring clean would hit.
    We have been keeping the house at sixty-four degrees. A letter came from our gas provider that said the price of gas will go up and it might not always be available when needed. Both our fireplaces are gas and the main floor is heated by a gas furnace. Sooo...coldness. We learn to dress in layers and people walk around in coats at times.
    Dieting continues apace. Salads got tiresome so beans, brown rice and cabbage have been a mainstay along with half an avocado mashed with onions, garlic and cumin. I actually rather like this. I will return to salads soon.
    Tonight stress and tension are knocking on the door. Not sure why.
    Another cleaning job is here. A rather dirty house that I will be doing Monday afternoons. My jobs all seem to come by word of mouth or at least mostly. I was not sure I wanted more but decided to keep going with it as things are a bit tight what with no construction jobs coming in. Jerry prices things but that is about as far as it goes. And I need to keep busy is another reason.
    My foot is doing pretty good. I usually wear my brace in the morning then take it off in the afternoon. It is holding up better than it has in a long time. The sports therapist gave me exercises to do that I do every day. He only had me come for three visits so the expense was minimal. Stacie and I went on a walk today. No brace and it went very well. Very pleased. Am really looking forward to being out of the brace.
    Lord, let the water that comes out of me be pure not muddy and tainted. Let the well from which I speak be pure. Only You can accomplish this, in this sin cursed world. Remind me to deny myself, take up my cross and follow you. Somehow Lord, make me a light. The darkness is getting worse. Witchcraft, heathenism, and wickedness is touted and admired. Give us voices crying out against evil without fear or favor. Touch me as only You can. In Jesus' Name.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment