Tuesday, July 1, 2014

    Isn't family one of the most precious things? I try to treasure the moments. On Sunday, during the combined efforts of Jolene, Chris (who comes home for our traditional Sunday lunch), Jerry and I (Stacie and Debi were elsewhere) Jolene suddenly asks, "Did someone shoot the cat?" Just out of the blue! I gulp and turn away. (I do not have a poker face.) Jerry says, "What cat?" I said that I thought she surely would have forgotten about it by now.
    To give a bit of back story.. We had decided, we being Jerry and I, that we were not having any animals any more. Too busy and kids too busy. Well this feral cat decides to make us its home. Now this cat is the reverse of beautiful. The only thing it had going for it was its face. There were too many factors against it though. It was drawing other cats and cat fights and the smell of cat poop in my landscaping was gross. One morning I hear a shot so I ask Jerry what he shot figuring on an annoying bird or squirrel and he said the cat. Jolene was not at home so I swore everyone to secrecy as she had decided the cat was cute and nice. I did not want her traumatized at that time as she was going through something. I don't remember what.
    That was all quite a few weeks ago and Jolene has been really busy with her paramedic schooling and ride alongs plus sewing for people on the side. And here out of the blue comes the question. I said, "You were supposed to think she died on the road or something." Anyway, she got a kick out of Jerry's, "What cat?" And we were all laughing and she said, "Oh no, anything disappears around here and I know what happened!"

No comments:

Post a Comment