Saturday, September 21, 2013

Struggles

     I have been thinking of doing things in peace and calm. My sanguine self tends to be bombastic. With being more busy and in a different way than when the children were small or being homeschooled, I am trying to rethink my ways. Instead of always rushing here and there, why not just do it matter-of-factly and in peace. There are lots of things to do and plan but why get riled up? Why not just stay calm? Why not have a house at peace even if it gets messy with neglect now and then or often, as the case may be?
    Here are some reasons for stress: Having to have the house ready each time a realtor wants to show it. Cleaning jobs every weekday morning except Monday unless I have windows to wash for someone. College class that takes up most of Monday afternoon. Trying to think of supper menus that don't take long. (I have been failing at supper altogether this past week.) Confession. Camping and special events coming up. Mostly I find it a challenge to keep the household and meals running smoothly. Planning ahead is not my forte. Then to top everything off the squirrels are stealing my suet and not just the suet but the whole suet holder. Two of them have been taken to date, not counting last year. :) This morning one was contemplating another of my feeders but takes off and hides before Jerry can end his life of crime.
     I am really enjoying the bird watching and getting to see and identify birds that I never did before. Of course, sometimes it fails. Last night Jerry and I went to Briery Creek. One bird was seen besides several crows. We decided it was nice and peaceful at least.
     I thought of another nerve wracking thing. That is asking for a raise. I went up with my three new jobs and they did not fuss at all so I decided the old ones need to be put up also. So far so good. I
decided to do what my friend does. She tells them that by the time she pays social security and taxes she gets about half, which is true. She charges more than I do so that gave me courage.
     I am thankful for fall, cooler temperatures, and oh yes! I am especially glad that Chris finally found out what illness he has been struggling with. Mononucleosis. I think that is how you spell it. We are so thankful that it is not his lymes coming back. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment