Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Blessed Verses Happy

     Am I blessed? Yes. After tonight's sermon especially blessed. We miss ninety percent of God because we are not looking was one of his quotes. I believe this. He also said that people say blessed means happy, not so sure of this. It means more than being happy. One thing I thought of was a sense of well being or being taken care of. "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God." was his text. We purify our soul through obeying the truth and unfeigned love of the brethren. These are some of the thoughts that stood out to me. 
     To be aware of God in every situation believing that goodness and mercy will follow us through it all. I got tested on this immediately. I drove home from church because Jerry was in a hurry and knew I would drive faster. Jolene, Stacie and Debi in the back, all is quiet, Jerry seemingly sleeping. I get into the 45 mph zone and a car turns off in front of me and I speed up. Blue lights start flashing from what I think is the same car that turned off. I groan and start slowing down as he comes up behind me. I pull over and stop. My heart pounds and sinks simultaneously. The girls, (Jolene and Stacie) get excited as they put on seat belts. Jerry pulls out the registration and I realize I do NOT have my license! The officer comes to the window announcing what I had been doing, not too happy about the accelaration. My words are few, I make no excuses. He comes back after going back to check out my record and gives me a warning and tells me to slow down. During this time, I am thinking of the sermon and can hardly believe it when he only gives me a warning. I barely have the fortitude to say thank-you and slowly go on my way. Jerry, after a bit, says, "That's why you (Jolene and I) speed because you get miracles." Jolene says, "Not always." Anyway, mercy followed me and I am thankful. 
      The sermon also encouraged me to do my work as unto the Lord and to see God even on the job where things get tedious and boring. We can see God even in very hard things if we look for it. May I see God even in the irritating hardships of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment