Saturday, October 12, 2013

Half Way

    I realized tonight that I am over half way through this year of fasting. I still view it as a good thing and very beneficial. I went onto Netflix one day to help one of the children with something and was utterly repulsed by it. The reaction was very strong. It showed me how hardened we get. If we are not exposed to stuff like that and are living godly, there is a very natural abhorrence to it.
    I am still meditating on what I want to do when the year is up. I would like the path to be clear.
    The thing of wanting to block out thoughts by watching something is not really too bad. That is in my opinion one of the biggest temptations to watch things is not wanting to think. Maybe there are discouraging thoughts knocking at the door or maybe things that want to trouble you or fears. Frankly, I think it is a trick and an excuse. There are times when I would not mind blocking out things, especially discouragement, but not watching something is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. There are so many other things to do, if nothing else, talk or better yet listen to my family.
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment