Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Do I Have Anything To Say?

     There will be no stress in heaven. No tiredness. No dejection. No wondering if it's worth it? No wondering what illness will hit next. No tension that you could cut with a knife. No boredom unless we have been filling our minds with so much entertainment that the bread of life no longer satisfies and then I wonder if we will make it in or if we will have to be reprogrammed. What will sports watchers do in heaven? What will TV watchers do? I am just asking and wondering. What will music listeners do when they hear the beautiful music of heaven? Will they be able to enjoy it? I wonder.
      Am I laying up treasures in heaven? Am I doing down here that which will transfer easily to the heavenly realm? Am I loving those nearest to me? Do I live in thankfulness; grateful for each gift however small? Does my faith live and breathe, can it be seen? Am I overcoming? Do I overcome the temptation to be jealous? Do I overcome the depression that wants to knock on my door? Do I overcome the temptation to be lazy? Am I overcoming the evil that comes my way?
      I am reminded again of what has been blessing me lately. Our spirit cannot live without life from above. It must have life. I have been just lifting my heart to God whenever I think of it. There is faith involved in this, believing that God is there waiting to give as I lift my heart to Him. I do not demand anything just what ever He deems good. Knowing that what ever He gives me of His life is more than enough. This takes practice. I just realized again right now how often I forget. I want to come to the place where it will be just second nature to lift my heart to Him every few minutes. To walk with Him...in His presence. Could there be a more blessed place?

No comments:

Post a Comment