Thursday, October 24, 2013

    Many things run through my mind. Not sure what to share and what not to. Feel like I have been through the wringer. The pressures of life that purify the soul, hopefully.
    The fast continues. Another fruit of this fast is that my song came back. I started waking with a song on my heart. I gave a testimony to this in church which I knew was dangerous. And sure enough the song is struggling. It is still the truth and I am clinging to it. I seldom give testimony but when God gives the words I endeavor obedience.
    The bird watching class is going well. I rather marveled today at all I had learned so far. We had our first test and it went well for most of us. I made a stupid mistake which galls me but humiliation is good for the soul. I was trying to remember all the eastern and northerns in some of the birds' names and for some reason when it came to the blue jay my brain let me down. I could not remember if there was an eastern in front of it or not, so I put it on. Bleh!
    The girls and I have eight house cleaning jobs now. All except two are every other week. I go to each one and one of the girls helps me with most of them. I have been wondering what is too busy? I am grateful for the work and that I get to work with the girls. I don't think we are over doing it yet and things have slowed down a bit now so we are getting a chance to breathe.
    Another fruit I just thought of is not being so much of a procrastinator. I find myself doing things a lot more promptly.
    Now for pain. Pain and sorrow. Today I felt a sorrow down to my bones that I did not know the exact cause or reason for. I wonder why. What do I do with it? Do I automatically assume that something is wrong or do I try to make it go away? I can not block it with movies or shows nor do I want to. If this sorrow is from God then let me bear it with grace and patience. If this sorrow is because something is wrong or out of place in my life let my eyes be opened. Somehow help me to walk in your ways as I am surrounded by people.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment