Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What A Day!

    The oppression was rather intense today. I got the distinct impression we were under attack. I am not sure if this is theologically correct as the devil is a roaring lion at all times. Either that or a defense was removed or breached. Either way Jerry and I annnointed and prayed over the whole house tonight, pleading the blood of Jesus and rebuking the evil one.
     A few more gray hairs were added to my head today. First a really rough morning at work both physically, mentally and spiritually. Then I was at home for a while and I hear a knocking. I come out and it is our neighbor saying something about his son sending him for Jerry and something about a girl. I finally realize he is saying there was a wreck and I realize all those sirens I had been hearing was from that. Jerry is not home so I say I will come right away and am thinking of Debi. I drive down to it (it is very close). Immediately realize it is not her car and am trying to figure out if the upside down car is Jolene's. Then I recognize it and I just fall apart right there. The car is a mess and in a field. The officers and our neighbor realize it is my daughter and our neighbor feels so bad. His son helps me down to Jolene who is strapped to a stretcher. She is fully awake and is trying to reassure me. She is taken to the hospital and has a cat scan and exrays. She is OK and we brought her home. Several people mentioned how lucky she was. No, not luck. It was the mercy and goodness of God.
     Temptations, sickness, dizziness, accidents (Jerry fell from a ladder), depression. Lord help us to be good soldiers in your army. Never giving an opening for the enemy, weathering attacks, not giving in, learning from our mistakes and being thankful for each blessing, each mercy bestowed on us. Help us to pray without ceasing, ever alert, ever watchful.
     I am thankful for the beautiful, magnificent sunset. Debi said it was like a promise. I am thankful for an alive and uninjured daughter. For good neighbors with compassionate hearts. I am thankful for the mercy and goodness of God.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Tina, my prayers and heart go out to you in your intense battle. I can't imagine some of what you faced, but I am blessed by your response and reliance on God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you Karyn. Sometimes it seems like two steps forward and three steps back, but I know progress has been made if I really look at it.

    ReplyDelete