Thursday, August 15, 2013

Am I An Israelite?

    Was thinking of the Israelites and how they would have awesome victories and then bam! down they would go into unbelief, complaining, etc. I am seeing myself acting this way and not too pleased about it. Shouldn't I believe more easily and more quickly now than before? When my own faults and sins look so monumental I find it hard to believe.
     I will turn my eyes to the only One Who is able to change things. I will put my trust in You. I will lay my complaining, whining self aside and only gaze at You, Lord. I will be quiet and trust. Let quiet faithfulness envelope me, Lord.
     The people did not show up to look at the house. We had a clean house much sooner than we would have had otherwise. I decided my iced coffee is lethal. I drank a glass of it at some point in the afternoon yesterday and it literally kept me awake all night. My eyes are scratchy and sleepiness is overtaking me as I write.
      In September I will no longer be in the food committee at church, so today I took some supplies up to the church and straightened the pantry, etc. It was a good stretching experience but I don't mind handing the responsibility over to someone else. :)
      Bed is calling. Good-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment