Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of Class

    Our first day of Field Ornithology is accomplished. Stacie, a friend from church, Joy Yoder and I are all taking it. We all enjoyed it. The professor gave us an introduction then took us bird watching. I saw one that I have not seen before, Grasshopper Sparrow, so I was tickled pink. I want to take off and just watch birds, which is not going to happen.
    Our late summer seems to be kicking off at high speed. How to enjoy it when super busy, that is the question. It puzzles my brain.
    Are we too busy when we find ourselves too frazzled with the daily duties and extras, to spend time with Him? I know we can spend time with Him as we work but still.. When we come to the end of the day and have not spent time in quiet, praying and reading His word are we too busy? I do not particularly subscribe to the theory that this has to be done with perfect regularity. I have seen duties ignored for reading and studying. Burdens that ought to have been lifted, instead, ignored for reading and studying. But what I was wondering is, what if whenever we felt hungry for the word of God, whenever we felt a need for a closer walk with Him, whenever we felt burdened to pray...What if we just did it? I think if we would act on these and the gentle promptings of the Spirit, we might be farther ahead. All this guilt and condemnation we walk in does not seem to produce the desired results. Why not walk in freedom, guiltless, doing our duty and when an hungered eat, when burdened pray, when hungry for Jesus spend quality time with Him? I think it would happen a lot more than we think.
    Jesus said, "My meat is to do the will of Him that sent me." I think doing His will strengthens us just as meat does. Help us to do His will and walk in freedom not the rules that we put on ourselves. I will modify this statement to some degree. There is nothing wrong with discipline, in fact I am practicing it now with my fast from watching things for a year. When He leads us into this type of thing I think He also gives the grace and strength to accomplish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment