Saturday, August 10, 2013

How To Continue

     Tonight a prayer:
     Lord, help me to let go of wanting people's approval. Let me shake off offenses as Paul shook off the snake. My eyes so often leave You and focus on other things and people. Oh, for a singleness of mind, a heart that pants after you, seeking only to do your will.
     My heart feels like lead. Again I see the feebleness of my efforts. How frail and puny they are! Help me love as You love, care as You care. Help me to do the duty that lies before me. Help me to see things as You see them, not judging by what I see and feel but having an ear to You.
     You know me better than I do. You know my selfishness, my pride, my tendency to laziness, etc. You know my frame and my weakness. Yet I will worship for You are worthy. So worthy.
      I will praise You for all the wonders You have done. Great is Your faithfulness. You have heard our cry and met us wondrously. You poured out Your Spirit in a mighty way. You healed wounds and restored souls. You gave the oil of joy for the spirit of heaviness. You speak and we can listen and act on it. You routed the enemy and set the captives free. How great and mighty are Your works! Blessed is Your Name and Your ways past finding out. Jesus, blessed Redeemer!

No comments:

Post a Comment