Monday, December 16, 2013

Ramblings

     "Laughter doeth good like medicine." Stacie dancing with her music as she begins straightening up. Throwing away study papers since college is officially done for this semester. Yay! Giddiness has ensued as it ended. Now gift wrapping and packing will be worked on for their trip on Wednesday. Some has already been accomplished. True to form tempers have been a bit short preceding all the exams and for the one making most of her gifts. Hopefully, things can simmer down to a more calm state now. As much as our kids love Illinois and, or its people I start wondering if maybe we should follow them. :)
     Uh oh..there she goes again. A song came on that she really likes, evidently.
     The bird class is officially over. Exam today. Very easy and I missed one. We had to identify pictures of birds. My first response to one was a Ruddy Duck but I questioned it and changed it to a Bufflehead. First response was right. Anyway, I am inspired to do more birding, get my life list under way and keep yearly lists.
      Stacie convinced me today not to go into medical transcription. Her reasoning: Sitting at a computer for hours at a time will drive me nuts. And she wants a mom for the next year or so. Very glad I did not go ahead and pay for the training. She knows me well.
      Sharp shooting pains have been going up my shin. Slightly frightening and makes me wonder what now?! I am without my brace until tomorrow sometime. Can't figure out if the shooting pains are coming because of damage the brace has done to my shin or what. Anyway, life goes on more or less. Am really curious what the sports therapist is going to say on Wednesday.
       I am weary of being hampered in doing what needs doing. Cooking, cleaning, just walking across the room is a challenge. This is the time of year when I like to cook, make candy, bake, shop, etc. and none of that is going swimmingly.
       The new year draws near. Quietly contemplating how to start out this next year and what I would like to accomplish. I would like to live a more orderly life. Not sure if I am capable of it but would like to try. I could use some pointers. The problem is I get bored with routine, seriously bored. Maybe I should just accept it. At the same time there is benefit in routine. I see it in the cleaning jobs we do. You have a routine, things go much faster and more efficiently. People mess with the routine and it slows everything down. The primary thing I want to work on is this foot. I would even like to go on an anti-inflammatory diet, just to see if it would help. And lose weight, of course. My Waterloo. I have started exercising again and want to continue. Another thing that I have started on is making a graph or time line or whatever you call it for the generations in the Bible. It has been niggling at me so I finally started the other night. I know I could probably buy one off the internet but am interested in doing it myself. I would also like to take a computer class sometime so that when they start acting up, I can fix it. Wouldn't that be nice?!
       My ramblings will draw to a close with thanksgiving. I am thankful that my foot is not worse than it is. I am thankful that God cares about the little things along with the big things. (In a very full parking lot He emptied one close to the entrance of the mall, I could have wept.) I am thankful that Kingsley had a cancelation this morning so that Debi could get her eyes checked. I am thankful that Stacie could help me with the cleaning job this morning and tomorrow morning. I am thankful that Debi made supper. All these blessings and many more too numerous to mention, I am grateful for. God is good.
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment