Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas and Mixed Feelings

    There seemed to be more mixed feelings with Christmas this year than usual. I could not do my usual candy and food making which I missed. Our immediate family was scattered on actual Christmas Day. This is rather minor stuff but then there was more important stuff that we encountered. There is nothing quite like a family in harmony but when that harmony is broken it leaves some sadness. Thankfully there were times of good fellowship. I am more philosophical about such things now than when I was younger. I realize that healing can take place and relationships can be restored. Thank-you Jesus and may it be so in this one. Today with my side of the family here minus my two brothers and their families, I realized how much I appreciate that we can stop in the midst of games and visiting and pray for someone who needs it. Debi, if you are reading this, their prayers were heartfelt and earnest on your behalf. Another thing that caused mixed feelings is seeing Jerry's dad in Ohio moving so very slowly and haltingly. And hearing my dad tonight talk of having slight symptoms of cancer again. You hope against hope that it won't return and in the end you say "Not my will but Thine be done."
     I am grateful for the time of fellowship with Dales in Ohio. I am thankful for the time with Jerry's parents. I am thankful for John Yoders opening their home for us on Christmas day and learning the new game of fast rummy cube. :) For Jerry's mom who herself has no animals but feeds about four very large cats and puts grandson's dog in the garage so she'll be warm. We left early the day after Christmas and the four cats were lined up outside the sliding glass doors waiting for their food. That Mom and Dad could come down for this weekend. I treasure each moment with them. For the girls safe return from Illinois and that they had a good time. Thank-you to the Ron Kennel family.
     Lord, help us to be lights in this dark world. Help us to lift the hands that hang down, to praise you and magnify you. Help us to pierce the darkness. Show us how, teach us, oh Lord, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment