Monday, January 6, 2014

Dieting Not For The Fainthearted

    Six days are now under my belt and hopefully the belt is shrinking. Watching Jerry devour one of Stacie's lemon bars tonight was almost too much. I love lemon bars, at least the ones we make. My candles are being extinguished. I got this from a book by Isobel Kuhn called By Searching. First it was games on the internet especially Settlers Cities and Knights, then movies and such, now food that is not good for me. In this book, she would feel God calling her to give up so called harmless pursuits. One time when she had a big temptation but in the knick of time stood firm she went up to her room asking God if it would always be like this. That night in her small room, God met her wonderfully and blessed her profoundly. This made a big impression on me when I read it about a year ago. It was not sin she was letting go of, it was things we would call harmless fun and it was years and years ago so it was even more harmless then what we would think of nowadays. May I be willing to let go of harmless fun for more of God.
    When I was walking Wilck's Lake Trail on the second of January, I think it was, something happened that made a deep impression on me. For once there were no other people on the trail and on the way back at one point it was like the Lord came and ministered to me. I am not sure how to explain it but it meant so much to me and was so fulfilling I wondered why we concentrate on anything else. (I was birding.) My heart cries out to live like this. In His presence is fullness of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment