Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Long Doth It Look

     The road looks very long tonight. The road to a thinner me. I think I will count the the things that give me pleasure, see how many there actually are. They seem rather slim right now. Birding, of course. I enjoy it immensely. That's one. Candles, I enjoy burning them in the evening. Did you know they warm up the house? Thinking..thinking..Crocheting, I am crocheting a baby afghan for our upcoming grandchild. :) Our kids, they were hilarious tonight! Brandon was here and the interaction between him and the girls was very entertaining. Stacie came close to Chris and he said, "Get away from me! Your electrons are getting on me!" That might not be the right word but something to that effect. Her being in love makes her more lovey dovey than our family is used to being, so funny things occur. She was also asking Brandon rather personal questions about their courtship which had its funny moments. Then Jolene's oneliners were failing and yet hilarious and had her brother in stitches. Did I mention that I am very thankful for our children? After they left, I thanked Jerry for giving me nice children. He looked like he thought I had lost a marble. Chuckle. My husband, his love, his example, the twinkle in his eye when he is amused. The girls want Papa to come home when I am grouchy. They know that is usually all it takes. Friends and church friends in particular, it is lovely to have women you can share with, laugh with, and pray with. Lovely to have ladies around whom you feel comfortable and at home.
      So long friends, may we be grateful for our many blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Entertaining post and I love the part about Jerry giving you nice children! Your counting of the things that give you pleasure has given me pleasure…thank you!

    ReplyDelete