Friday, January 24, 2014

Two More Months

    Two more months to go with the watching fast. Soon it will be over. Have I decided how to procede from there? Not quite. I know I don't want to go back to watching some of the things that I used to. A lot of it has gotten really distasteful. My downfall is comedy. Well done comedy. I want a plan but am also hoping for some burden or work that will occupy my mind.
    The diet is bringing benefits. I feel like I am fasting. I guess in a way I am. Twenty-two pounds have been lost. I feel good. No headaches. More sleep is needed. I guess burning fat is hard work. I have been emotional, depressed and grouchy. Usually at different times. Thankfully, not all the time. I am exercising too but don't think my energy level is what it should be. To be expected when you are going hungry. I need to start thinking what I want to do when I go on a more lenient diet. Definitely more meat.
     Why do people have animals who have neither the money nor the time to take care of them? This is a pet peeve, an aggravation and when they are in our field, exceedingly annoying. The agreement was that she takes care of them all the way. Does she? Oh no. Several weeks ago we threatened to call animal control. She came out immediately and also finally paid but now it is the same thing. Why have horses if you don't want to take care of them?!
      Burning candles are all over the place. The fireplace is burning. It is peaceful. Jerry is on the computer while sitting in the recliner. Stacie is reading her literature. The rest of the family has gone skiing with the youth. (Lord, please protect them.) My tea is waiting for me. Yes, I can have tea as long as it is not black tea. I drink herbal teas.
       I am thankful: for the joy brought to Stacie by a package from Bradley.
                            for the excited happiness going skiing brought to Jolene.
                            for Christoper's that Christopher's poured walls are finally done.
                            for the grandbaby that is coming.
                            that Debi got to go snowboarding and that a friend who also likes it went along.
                            that I now and then can have a baked sweet potato.
                            for the sermon last Sunday.
                            for the patience of God. Amen.  

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the pounds lost! And headaches were the first thing I noticed were gone when I changed my diet. That alone has been worth it. I also love a baked sweet potato once in a while. But no regular potatoes, which I don't really miss.

    ReplyDelete