Friday, January 17, 2014

Winds of Adversity

    A Jonah day is here and not quite over yet. "When you have done all that you can, stand!" A good verse for me right now. When the pounds don't roll off as fast as you'd like them to, stand! When the job you are getting paid for five hours takes six hours, stand! When you start walking for exercise and your knee is hurting, stand! When the therapist won't take you in for it but says you have to go to a doctor first and get ex-rays, stand! When the vacuum cleaner guy is supposed to show up and doesn't, stand! When the baby afghan you have been crocheting is turning into a hexagon instead of a rectangle. And you spend time taking out row after row, trying to figure out what you did wrong, stand! When someone is having nightmares again, stand! When you are trying to treat someone like an adult and fail miserably, stand! When you feel like this world is a dry and dusty place, stand!
    The knee thing is probably the worst discouraging thing to me. Here I am working on my foot as much as possible and my knee which had been giving me a little trouble starts giving me more trouble. Maybe God is trying to work character in me. I know I need it. Submitting to discipline has never been my strong suit. May I learn so that I might not have to trod this road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment