Sunday, July 7, 2013

Mini Vacation

   Finally, I am writing again. Being up here with my parents has been revitalizing. Having a little prayer meeting with sisters and parents, having an even smaller one with Mom one day, they are precious memories. The encouragement from sister-in-law Karyn and daughter Jacki was invaluable. It was worth coming up here just for that. Then of course, the times of laughter and conversation with everybody are lovely and relaxing.
    I am especially thankful for Stacie's safe return from Faith Builders this afternoon. She had a harrowing trip and I feel almost weepy with thankfulness for her safety. I am also thankful for her getting an answer from the Lord about something while she was there. I am thankful for the song It Is Finished this morning in church. It blessed me so much. Also thankful for the sermon. I will not attempt to repeat it but its title was Almost.
    I have not watched anything while up here so if you are wondering I have kept the faith. :) I have gotten more insights about watching things while I have been here. I will attempt to relate them later but more and more I see no benefit in it for a healthy person. I do not know about sick or hurting people.
    I am sitting on the screened in porch. It is dusk and the rain cooled it down to a very bearable temperature. The birds are singing and the trees are dripping with wetness. Very lovely.
    Feel the itch to get home especially to see my dear better half. I feel ready to face cleaning jobs, house work, lawn mowing, hopefully some canning, etc. Am looking forward to seeing homefolks and especially Chris and Debi.
    I just thought of a conversation by yours truly and better half for your amusement:
    Jerry says something. Reaches over and touches my hand. No Response. Pulls his hand back and says, "See! You want nothing to do with me."
    Me: "You just stabbed me in the heart. It takes a little while to recover."
    Jerry puzzled, "What did I say?"
    Me: "I don't know! but you have to give me some time to recover."
    Jerry exasperated, "What did I say?!"
    Me: "I don't know." Starts giggling.
    Jerry: "This is the stupidest conversation we've ever had."
    This was after a very trying day and I was feeling very harassed and I could not remember what he had said. Anyway, we started laughing and the day ended well. "Laughter doeth good like medicine."
     Just a side note, I would never make a law in a church or support it that the people in it could not watch anything. I am making observations, etc. for my own benefit. I firmly believe that convictions formed on your own through the Word of God and the Holy Spirit and maybe even through being inspired by other believers are much firmer than any man made law. Convictions are formed through wanting to do the will of God and a deep desire to live in His presence. When we so love His presence, anything that makes that communion fade becomes something about which we have to decide whether to give it up or not.
     I have been reading a very good book that Dad suggested. One thing I noticed though is that it does not take the place of the Bible. The Bible cuts through the fat. It has no yeast. It is just truth. Unadulterated truth. I sorrow over the little I have read it in my life. It refreshes. It puts everything in proper perspective. It shows you your proper place. It keeps you from becoming high minded and proud. It teaches you who you are in Christ. It shows you Christ. It gives you precious promises to believe and hang onto.

No comments:

Post a Comment