Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sacrifice

    "Any sacrifice we make in our quest for freedom will be wholly consumed and blessed by God."
     "To be liberated in Christ, we've got some sacrifices to make. Make sure He's the one asking for it, but if He is, any sacrifice you make will be wholly consumed by Him as such a sweet sacrifice. He will bless."
     "We fear making sacrifices."
     These are all quotes from Beth Moore. They blessed me in this giving up of watching things and not playing games on line. I am not sure what it all means but I have already been blessed more than a little.
      Sickness overtook me in the night so I stayed home from church. I went out to shut off the water for the pool and decided to walk around a bit. I looked like Sasquatch and was in my housecoat. Then I saw them. These little lovely birds, I had never seen before. I looked through all the warblers and nothing fit. Then I found the Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher and that fit on all points and migration is on target too. I felt like God had smiled at me even in my misery. Later in the day Jerry saw a strange bird on the back deck and pointed it out to me. I only got one good look at it and think it might have been a Black-and-White Warbler but am not sure. It was black and white that I know. Debi came over to see what I was so excited about and muttered she thought it would at least be a deer or something. :) Even later on when I went out to look at birds I saw more different ones and here again I was not completely sure what I saw but decided all in all it was a lovely day, sick or not.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment