Monday, July 15, 2013

The Heat of Summer

    I think I should get back to writing everyday as I seem to shirk if I don't have a set schedule. I am still not watching anything. At times it pulls at me but so far not successfully.
    What I have seen with watching things is that it really cripples you socially. It can keep you from going out and socializing and showing an interest in other people. It can also make you selfish and unavailable. It can motivate you if you use it as a reward for doing something you don't want to do but should. But somehow I don't think it is a healthy reward.
     There are people that handle it in a healthy way that I admire. Jerry for example, if I want to talk to him and he is watching a movie, he has no qualms about stopping it and spending time with me or whoever needs him. He seems to always keep himself to some degree removed from what he is watching unlike me. He also has no problem stopping a movie in the middle if he thinks it is going no where. He does not have to see the ending. If he does not approve of it he will turn it off.
     I have only been at this about a three and one half months. It seems a lot longer. I plan to continue and am still mulling over whether I ever want to get back into it.
     On Sunday, I was moved and blessed with how, when we are weak and not feeling good and feeling anything but inspired and still step out in obedience to do what we are supposed to do, here the Lord comes and gives words I had not even planned to say. It showed me again how important it is just to be obedient even when we feel like we would rather fall into bed and sleep. If we obey he meets us and that is better than sleep.
     Well, my title is getting neglected. It is hot and it looks like it is going to get hotter. Stacie mowed lawn today and she got very warm but took it well. I did not dare. I usually do some of the mowing but today the heat was a bit too scary. I took a swim after supper. It was nice. The water is still cool. I don't really enjoy lukewarm water. I grilled steak for supper. I told Chris I feel like I am adding to the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment