Friday, July 26, 2013

Out of the Depths

      Out of sickness, discouragement, depression (I felt like Eeyore), failure, I cry unto you, Lord. My heart is heavy with sorrow. I want answers and there are none. Long have I waited and still there are no answers and yet, there are. Maybe not the ones I want but through talking with Jerry and reading one of my brother's statuses there are words of hope.
      From Jerry: For real transformation to take place, the glory of the Lord must be beheld from the ground where the trouble lies. It can not be done in the abstract. We must behold the glory of the Lord from the midst of the temptation or right after we have failed. We are not to imagine how the transformation will be done. We must only behold the glory of the Lord and we MUST see it. 
      Me: What is His glory? 
      Jerry: Reads to me from Revelation 4 and 5. 
      Me: So what you're saying is worship Him?
      Jerry: Thinks a bit then says, "Yes, in a sense. Worship Him even on the ground of failure. Worship is the out working of our faith in that situation."
      Dale says: God used worship, primarily, to deliver me from the endless mind games from the enemy. 
      Also from Dale:
Ro. 4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, AND CALLETH THOSE THINGS WHICH BE NOT AS THOUGH THEY WERE. ~ Abram became Abraham, became the father of all those who live by faith, and received the long awaited promise BECAUSE HE ALLOWED GOD TO CALL HIM SOMETHING THAT HAD NOT HAPPENED YET. Even though it had be...come impossible Abraham still believed what God said would happen. Are you allowing God to "name" you or do you receive your identity from your past, your failures and your mistakes? Hypocrisy is to pretend to be someone you're not, to be accepted and approved of by man. Faith is to believe you are what God says you are, in spite of your failures and what you see at times. We grieve and sorrow over our failures, mistakes, and sins but we do not let them become our identity. And we can begin rejoicing, by faith, in who God says we are even before we see it fully established in our lives. This pleases God." 
      
      He is worthy of all glory and praise. I have been very much convicted on how little I praise Him and worship Him. I want to behold His glory even in the depths of discouragement.

1 comment: