Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Business of Summer

    Somehow I had this vision of a relaxing summer. The materializing of it is not happening. I have had relaxing moments but as a whole not so much. I am getting another cleaning job and have signed up for an ornithology class in the local community college for this fall. Our church is planning on starting a church school this fall if possible and last night some were suggesting I should be the teacher. At one time I thought it would be a good thing but after some thought I am not so sure. Hopefully, another teacher will be found.
     Each day I seem to get about half done of what I want to get done. Frustrating. I think an earlier start would be extremely beneficial. Accomplishing it is another matter. I have become too lackadaisical or maybe just lazy. There. I confessed it. Also energy is increased by exercise so maybe some of that would help. I have been getting some but could use more. I always think I am going to use the pool when it opens but then cop out. Another confession.
      The heat has been getting to me again. I detest getting sick from it and can sometime avert it but not always. Dumping water over my head helped when mowing but still did not actually keep me from getting sick. Today when I got so hot at work, I did not eat for a good three hours afterward except for a bit of applesauce and I actually am fine tonight. So maybe if I do not eat for a good long time after I get very warm or hot describes it better, maybe I can keep the sickness at bay. I am hoping I have found the key to staying well in hot weather.
       Another fault I have been trying to deal its death blow, is when you should be doing one thing, you do something else instead. This has plagued me ever since I was in third grade, I think, with various degrees of victory off and on. It is a sort of rebellion or let's just call it rebellion which is abhorrent to the Father. Doing something that needs to be done when it needs to be done has no yeast in it. It is like unleavened bread. It is very healthy. I want to be healthy and doing the will of the Father is like eating vegetables in a way. There is no pizzazz. It does not give you a buzz. It does not put you on a high. It does not give you a low either. It strengthens and nourishes. When we submit to God and resist the devil, he has to leave, which then clears the mind and brightens our outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment