Monday, April 29, 2013

Day One of Week Four

     Maybe I should give an update about the fast. So far so good. I think it was a good thing to start now. We are busy and with it being spring, etc. it is hardly a struggle to not watch anything. I figure when things slow down it will be worse.
     As to results, I am working on areas in my life that have been neglected. I seem to be accomplishing more work wise. Instead of ignoring painful issues I am trying to face and deal with things as needed.
     With fasting from watching things has come the temptation to substitute something else like reading. I have done too much reading at some points. There seems to be this wanting to escape or go into a none thinking mode. Like you can not completely relax unless doing something that is an escape. I am having a hard time explaining this but the way I have been working on it is during lunch time instead of reading something while eating, I just eat, in other words I stay conscious. Why this temptation to go into a subconscious or non-thinking escape? I am not sure but I do not like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment