Sunday, April 21, 2013

Taking Back Areas of Your Life

     This title comes from part of brother-in-law John's sermon today. His message was on baptism but I think this part came from some of the testimonies from the congregation. One of them especially on the fact that we do not have to leave in defeat. Anyway, that thing of taking back ground that the enemy has camped on resonated with me. With what I have undertaken in not watching anything, it feels that way exactly. I am trying to regain ground that I used to have and lost.
     It has been some years ago when I was going through very deep waters, fear actually, overwhelming irrational fear, that I eventually snapped and this is what I turned to in order to get relief and escape. I did try for what seemed like a long time to get victory and did everything I could think to do and still it hounded me. Finally, one day it was like something snapped inside me and I quit trying.
     Now, after much healing and grace from the Lord, I want to take back this ground. It may at that time have kept me from having a complete nervous breakdown but now it does nothing but rob me of time and lasting treasures.
  1. For baptism.
  2. For Debbie and Doug who were baptized today.
  3. For love among brethren.
  4. For Mark and Betsy and the effort they put in to be here today for Debbie.
  5. For popcorn.
  6. For washers and dryers.
  7. For Jolene who is coming home Friday. LW.
  8. For good discussions in the vehicle on the way home from church.
  9. For hen parties, one of which is tomorrow. :)
  10. For Jesus, only He can make a difference.
     Do I believe in Christ's power to make a difference. Yes, oh yes. Help me to walk in it, oh Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment