Friday, April 19, 2013

Happiness

      Being happy, is it possible to practice happiness? Do I want to be happy or do I enjoy being complaining and miserable? I am looking into this. Today I caught myself starting with the negative. I decided not to be and was to some degree happy instead.
  1. For family and all the recent extensions.
  2. For grills.
  3. For rain.
  4. The breezy, coolness of tonight.
  5. Flowering Dogwoods.
  6. Weddings.
  7. Sleep.
  8. For an inflamed tendon in my foot.
  9. Cookbooks.
  10. Conversation and laughter.
     These are things I am thankful for. I put a hard one in there. It says to be thankful for everything so there you go. Anyway, maybe it is to do a good work in me.
     Today was hard. Not about watching something but because I was getting ready for company and my foot hurt badly. I thought the repaired brace and new shoes would make more of a difference so the disappointment has to be faced.
     Lord Jesus, help me to love you more. Help me learn what I need to learn. Help me to walk in you ways and with you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment