Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day Three of Week Two

     I did not watch anything today. I exercised. That is about all I can say for today.
     Reading missionary books, has rather opened my eyes about prayer. How often do I pray for direction and expect an answer? In fact how often do I actually pray for direction? I do for some things but often not for things that are troubling me in my own life.
     Jerry suggested to me tonight that I be thankful that I am not watching anything and that I just practice being thankful for most of the day. I wonder if this Israelite is capable of it.

  1. I am thankful for Jerry and his guidance.
  2. I am thankful that I could be a help to Stacie today in suggesting a topic for a paper.
  3. I am thankful for Chris and the job he has even though it causes him untold annoyance.
  4. I am thankful for Jolene and that you guided her to a book that ministered to her.
  5. I am thankful for company that is coming Friday night.
  6. I am thankful for health and strength.
  7. I am thankful that Jerry and I could eat our supper on the back deck tonight.
  8. I am thankful for the cheery birds singing.
  9. I am thankful for spring and its beauty.
  10. I am thankful for Christianity and the hope it brings.
      I decided to make a start tonight with thankfulness. Now I will go on my knees and thank Him for the hard things also.

No comments:

Post a Comment