Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Second Day of Week Two

     I like the more peaceful atmosphere in our home. Very quiet.
     Today I came to the conclusion that I am obsessing over faults and failures in my life pretty much all the time. If I would start naming them they would stretch down to the end of the page. Instead of keeping Jesus in my sights I am dwelling on these. How am I to become like Him if all I concentrate on are my failings?
      I am thankful that God shows us who we are. Let me face it without shock or surprise, be honest about it and give it to Him. Opening my hand and releasing it as Jerry said. For that I need to trust God, not trying to fix it in my own strength. (I am talking this through for my own benefit.) I keep trying to fix the things I see, how does one stop?

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I know that story all too well...but I am learning too, that looking to Jesus is the answer. I love your conclusion in the last paragraph. Truth. How to stop trying to fix things? Due to my own experience in this very area, I believe God is teaching me through repeated testings and failings which build patient endurance! I hope I am learning to "stop" and surrender it to Christ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right about the patient endurance. Thank-you for your comments.

      Delete