Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day Three

     Very tired tonight. When finishing the lawn tonight, I thought on brother Dale's quote by T. Austin Sparks. When we're feeling bad or discouraged that is when we tell Jesus, "This is who I am, but I will look on You and believe in You." As I dwelt on Him and thought of Him tears welled up in my eyes and I felt like weeping. He alone is worthy.
     I finished Jerry's book last night. His conversion was very moving. The pains God took to reach Him and how this hardened fourteen year old wept for days because God wanted him and loved Him. Showed again the lengths God will go to win a soul.
     This is day three of my viewing fast. No uncontrollable urges or temptations yet. One thing I noticed today that was very different, is when I came home from work at noon I went to the trouble of making a new pasta dish I wanted to try. Usually, I just get something quick and sit down and watch something while I eat. Definitely, an improvement. Oh, and it was yummy. This confirms one theory I have, that watching things stifles creativity.
     Praise the Lord, for He is good.
    

2 comments:

  1. I have to say I agree with you on your theory that "watching things stifles creativity." Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete