Sunday, April 14, 2013

Day Seven, One Week

     Another day done. One week completed.
     Am I sorry I started this? Not yet.
     Today my brain worked better. I got up a bit before seven. By 9:25, I had two casseroles made, ingredients for a salad prepared, and raced to shower and got dressed for church. And we got to church on time. The kitchen looked like something had exploded in it though. When we got home from church after the fellowship meal, we put the left overs away and took naps. When I woke there was clattering in the kitchen. I go to see who is working on it and here Jerry and Chris had pretty much cleaned it up! I finished cleaning up and Stacie helped get the rest of the house straightened and I even got the laundry started. Hopefully, clear thinking will continue.
     In some of my reading this evening, the love that God has toward us was so apparent. Some of the illustrations she used made it clearer. One was her own father, who was very upset with her and her siblings for unwittingly digging a tunnel into their neighbor's yard and causing his brick wall to fall. But after the spanking what did her dad do? He went down on his hands and knees and without recriminations helped them fix it. She brought out how the love of parents for their children comes from the Father and their love in no way is more than the Father's.
    We like to see our children happy. We like to see them blessed. We love to see them taking strides toward maturity and growing in their Christian life, taking responsibility, etc. We do not like to see them suffer and yet, at time we know it is for their own good. How much more will our heavenly Father be like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment