Monday, April 8, 2013

Viewing Fast Day One

     Today was my fiftieth birthday. When I was young I would say I want to live to one hundred. I am half way there. Now my mentality is, that it will take that long for God to get me ready for eternity. It seems to take me a long time to learn things.
     Being compulsive in some areas has been a worrisome beast in my life. One of them being, watching movies, shows, etc. I know it is not a healthy passtime even if it is supposedly harmless. Anyway, about a month ago, I had the inspiration to go on a fast of watching anything for entertainment for a year, starting on my birthday. Then a sermon was preached in our church that further confirmed it. The stickler was my husband. I was not sure he would support it. He is usually not in favor of radical things but is always in favor of moderation. To my surprise, he supports it, which was the final confirmation.
    Today is day number one of this fast. In place of watching things, I have taken a nap, read two chapters in two different inspirational books, biked on the trail, and went out to eat with Stacie.
     I have some theories about what watching things does to you and am curious if I  am right. I will be blogging about my experiences and how it goes and its effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment