Friday, June 7, 2013

Brevard

     We are in the small town of Brevard, North Carolina. Small town does not quite capture it. (I was picturing a village.) It is something like Farmville, which is small to city people I am sure. Anyway, we are staying at this little motel which is a sixtyish style place and we have a small apartment in the upstairs. I love it. Feels secluded and roomy what with the kitchen and living area. Would be awesome to stay a week instead of a day and two nights. I am going to have to get a camera to take pictures of it. (Jerry forgot his.)
     The wedding was nice. Really liked the devoutness of the preacher who married them. Especially felt it when he was marrying them. Felt like weeping. I also liked the fact that there was no distraction during that time. Just that. Sometimes it seems to me our weddings become such a production. There is still something to be said for simplicity. I have not made any weddings yet so maybe I speak too soon.
     By the way, if you are curious, I am not watching anything on this trip and Jerry has not been either. It is very peaceful. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment