Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sorrow

"Jesus was a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief." Does it avail anything to sorrow and grieve? Last night I felt a sorrow and a grief that is still with me. I am not sure where it all came from but it was there and very heavy. I have to believe God does not give a burden like that for no reason. If Jesus sorrowed and grieved when on this earth why should not we. "Though the wrong is oft so strong God is the Ruler yet."
     Was in prayer most of the day. Still feel the burden to pray and weep.
     Some promises: "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee."
                                "My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth."
                                "He will not suffer thy foot to be moved."
                                "He that keepeth thee will not slumber."
                                 "The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil."
                                 "He shall preserve thy soul."
                                 "The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth,
                                  and even for evermore.
    It is not often that I open my Bible and feel like the Lord gave me a verse right where it fell open but this morning that happened. I was moved to tears.
My thank-yous:
  1. That Jolene and Stacie are being rejuvenated at the summer camp they're helping at and are enjoying it.
  2. That Melissa had the inspiration to bring us supper. It was very good.
  3. For blueberries.
  4. For church family. What would we do without them?
  5. For direction from husband and son late at night when all seems lost.
  6. For Debi. Yes, Debi, I thank God for you.
  7. For peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.
  8. For cleanness, for holiness, for righteousness, (may it run down as a mighty stream!) for judgment and justice, (let God arise and His enemies be scattered.)
  9. For insight, inspiration and unction.
  10. For a love that reaches to the lowest hell. (Lord, help us show that love to the world.)

No comments:

Post a Comment