Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Last Straw

     After hiking to different waterfalls, and being very tired, I could not find my comb. The last straw. Jerry finds it in my suitcase, the absolute last straw. The phone rings when we are in bed, Jerry says not to answer it, I answer it and wish I had not. The positively, absolutely last straw.
     On a brighter note, we saw some beautiful waterfalls and beautiful green paths through the woods. The one waterfall was completely uninhabited so we spent some time there. I took my shoes and brace off and put my feet in the cold refreshing water and walked around in it. Jerry walked around on the rocks and compared the picture with the falls to make sure it was the right one. We got there on a gruesome path, taking it for the right one, which it was not but we got there all the same.
     I love mountain streams, and green, verdant paths in the woods. Add to it waterfalls and it is loveliness. I will admit to my legs feeling like jelly and puffing like a steam engine on occasion, with silent vows of getting in shape taking place in my head.
    Another bright note is the phone call turned out well. Praise the Lord.
    P.S. Is verdant the right word? I know it is a word due to spell check. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment