Sunday, June 9, 2013

Chimney Rock

     Today was lovely day, made all the more lovely because the ones here at home had a wonderful day at church. We got to Chimney Rock right when it opened so not many people were there and when we went on up to Exclamation Point there were no people at all for a while. We stayed there and listened to a bird, which we tried to find or Jerry did. I was resting on a rock. He finely found it so we gazed at it through my binoculars. It would wash itself then sing and repeat on and on.
     Anyway, I really liked that area. The Rock Creek that goes through the area just enthralled me. Huge boulders and rocks are strewn all over it and the water roars as it rushes between them.
     We were a bit taken aback by the heat we were met with here. I could see by Jerry's face that he was dreading working out in it tomorrow.
     We never did get a camera so this trip will be recorded in my journal only.
      To God be the glory great things He hath done. Thank-you Jesus for a praying community even if they are not all in the same church. This is in reference to a work done in a person's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment