Saturday, June 1, 2013

Honestly!

    Jerry is watching a movie, Chris and Stacie are watching one, Jolene is watching something, and Debi is on the deck watching a movie. What would happen if we lived in a one room house? Togetherness is not happening here. At least there is nothing being watched on this floor unless you count the deck. Since it has been hottish the air conditioning is on and windows are closed so not much sound emanates into my area which is fine by me. I have thought of getting a plaque or something for this floor that says, no watching zone. I have found that even if they are watching something on their little doodads with ear phones it is unsettling. If you have to watch something go somewhere else and usually this is obeyed.
     I shall count this area as the people area, where you are present in mind as well as body. You may read books or talk or stare into space but you may NOT watch something. :) Ahhh.. the absence of noise, the peace of stillness, the blessedness of doing things in quiet. Having bodies around who are awake and conscious of their surroundings. I like it.
     As to having the house shut up because of heat and humidity, it causes cabin fever. You feel divorced from the elements. Don't get me wrong I like air conditioning immensely but somehow I don't like the shut off feeling. You feel like you are living in a fake world. When and if it cools down at night you don't appreciate it because you haven't been in the heat. You can't hear the birds singing or the tree frogs doing whatever it is they do. Isolation.
     On to other things, today was a nice day. The house is clean or most of it. (I had help.) The shopping got done. (Stacie did it.) I did some laundry. (Less to do on Monday.) Was going to make menus for next week but didn't. Stacie wants to cook.
     Sorry for the contractions but I got lonesome for them. Hopefully Jerry will not see this. Contractions are not to be used in writing for some reason. Oh well..Auf viedersehn. (I don't know if I spelled it right.)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment