Sunday, June 30, 2013

Equipping

     In our discipling do we equip people with what they need to become mature Christians? This seems to me to be a rather important question. Or do we because of our own immaturity and desire to lord it over someone keep the Christians we are discipling as babies? I think this takes self discipline in the one discipling and a willingness to let go. Also it takes faith in the One we serve, believing He can and is willing to keep those who we have committed to His care. Controlling everything is not faith. I am speaking to myself here. You so want things to keep going in the right direction that you're afraid to let go.
      How do you equip the one you are discipling? I think first of all that their help will come from God not man. That His yoke is easy and His burden is light. That which He tells us to do is doable, you do not have strain and struggle. That reading God's Word and siding with it, agreeing with it, and believing it starts the freeing process. Keeping an ear turned to Him for direction, inspiration and for what He wants to say to you as you go through your day and as you seek Him. He has to be our God not man. We must know where to turn to when hell is against us. We must know Who to listen to and learn to recognize His voice.
     I was thinking today how hellish perfectionism is. Hitler was a perfectionist. It almost makes me weep that God gives room for us to make mistakes. He does not condemn us but waits for us to see it and correct our course. How awesome is that! We must give our brothers and sisters in the Lord room to make mistakes. (I am talking of mistakes not sin.) We should not be quick to say, "they should not do that." How do we know? Have we walked in their shoes?
     I am sure there is a lot more to equip a person with but these are just some of my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment