Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Patience

    How patient should one be with oneself? I have wondered about this. I think it might be beneficial. If you are patient with your mistakes and failings and not too shocked by them, I think you can more quickly pick up and go on. If you are patient with yourself you are also usually more patient with others.   
     I find it really hard to be patient with myself and my failings. When I stop and just accept that I failed again and instead of hating myself and am patient instead, then humbled I feel the love of God. How I wish I would do this more! I fall into the self-condemning mode before I even realize it and often am in it much too long before I notice.
     Who is our accuser? The enemy. Who is our Saviour? Jesus. Who grants mercy and pardon? Only our Father in heaven. Never the enemy. Lord, help me not to squandor this mercy and pardon. Help me to walk in Your grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment