Monday, June 17, 2013

Trauma In the Wee Hours

    Didn't write last night due to headache, etc. Still have it and have eaten plain oatmeal, unsweetened applesauce and Cheddar cheese, my usual morning headache diet.
     I wake up at 1:30 AM to horrendous shrieking. Immediately realize it is Jolene's pet. Run out onto our front porch and in the corner there is a furry, writhing, shrieking mass. I shriek at it trying to get to it and it disappears. All is quiet. I call and call for it cause she's under bushes. Finally after a longish bit here she comes dragging her hind quarters kinda so I bring her in and wake Jolene. Her one foot is bloody. Jolene stays up most of the night caring for her. She tells me that at eleven she had heard shrieking and here a coon was on the back deck terrorizing her. She figures maybe she will be safe on the front porch which of course she was not. Sometimes I hate wild life. I like it in the wild not on my porches and decks. Recovery for the pet looks like a long shot. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment