Sunday, June 2, 2013

Liberty

     The perfect law of liberty. What is it? How do we attain it?
     Why do we say free as a bird? It can fly and go where it wants to. It is not earth bound. The bird is not trying to be a bird. It is not trying to fly. It flies because of who it is. That is the perfect law of liberty when we can act out of who we are. God is good. He is not trying to be good. He is not trying to be holy. He acts out of who He is.
     We are free when we act out of who we are and are not trying and trying to be something. We are not free when we are slaves to our passions. We can act out of who we are when we are righteous. When are we righteous? I think this is a process but I would think that faith and believing would be first. He is our righteousness.
     I am trying to think this through. I think acting out of who we are in Christ is maybe not as difficult as it sounds. Often when we have urges or promptings, maybe we should trust them more and act on them. It seems to me as we walk more and more this way and follow His leading we become more and more like Him. I guess what I am trying to say is that maybe I can act out of who I am already now at times and as I become more like Him through believing and faith, I can act out of who I am without all these pauses and tryings.

No comments:

Post a Comment