Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Beset but Not Deterred

     A day of keeping on, was today. I decided at the outset this morning that the Enemy was not going to make me change my plans for today. We are in a battle, yet life and daily duties go on. The amazing thing was that as I went I had grace and strength. How gracious is our Lord. I got more done than I usually do.
Thankful for:
  1. Strawberries picked and worked up.
  2. Strawberry ice cream stirred up and ready to be frozen.
  3. A friend (Jane) to go with to do the picking.
  4. Stacie's willingness to take my cleaning job today.
  5. Brandon eliminating the last howling cat. (that kept me up half the night)
  6. AIR CONDITIONING!
  7. "In the hands of the Redeemer nothing is wasted." This phrase was in the song "Nothing is Wasted" by Jason Grey, that Jerry had me listen to.
  8. Jolene is coming home soon!!
  9. Strawberry shortcake.
  10. The privilege of working in God's kingdom. Thank-you Lord.
     He is faithful. He is just. He is merciful. He is King of kings and Lord of lords no matter what the battle, no matter what the struggle, and no matter how tired we get. We can believe, we can trust and we can rest.
     There is a reason for this proclaiming. Pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment