Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Stupid Fears

     The drink that I am planning to take to the prayer sister supper is not going to be good. It is a new recipe. It probably will not be sweet enough. Supposing the whole thing is a disaster. Maybe there won't be enough food. My drink is too complicated. I will not have it ready on time. There. Are those enough stupid fears?
     Jolene assures me that most exotic things don't taste very good. Stacie says the new recipes I make are usually great. Both of them said if they don't like it they can drink water. The practical reassurances of youth.
     Have you ever noticed how irrational fears are? They often have no basis on fact or if they do they grow into fears that are no longer fact based. We should always try to keep fears from getting a foot hold in our life. They are from the enemy and do nothing more than paralyze and immobilize if you give them room. There are times when fear is so debilitating that only God can eradicate it. I went through a time of debilitating fear some years ago that I simply could not get over. That was the worst time I ever went through. For that reason I am so wonderfully thankful to be able to walk free of fear.  

No comments:

Post a Comment