Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Body

    I have been thinking how there is healing in the body, in our natural bodies as well as in a body of believers. When we get injured usually our body heals itself. I think we often do not realize that there is a very important reason why we are supposed to go to church and meet regularly with believers. One of them is healing. There is healing in a healthy body of believers. I see someone like my youngest brother who is still to some degree stuck back when things fell apart in a church. He was young and hurt by it and quit going to church. I was amazed some years ago at how fresh those wounds still were for him. Things I had long forgotten, he remembered vividly. I look at him as a badly wounded Christian who could find healing and restoration in a healthy congregation.
    A lot of us have been involved in very painful, hurtful situations but we move on and keep going to church (maybe not the same church) and we heal. Gradually healing takes place and suddenly you realize that things no longer ouch.
    Thank-you Lord, for the healing in your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment