Wednesday, May 8, 2013

One Month

     This is the one month anniversary of when I started this viewing fast. Today was also a day of temptation. I wanted to watch something, anything after work. I took a nap instead. More beneficial, you say, maybe, but I still wanted to watch something. I did other things that needed doing instead. I wanted to go bird watching but rain discouraged that.
     Jerry gave me some words to think on last night. How that the battles that we have are to bring us closer to God. Even when the battle is long and hard and the victory seems unreachable. He wants us to appreciate His love and mercy, His power and grace. He wants us to believe and let Him in to our darkest rooms, our hardest problems, our fiercest battles.
     Defeat or not being able to overcome is not God's fault. We do not understand how to apply God's principles or how to live it out and usually go into law. The provision has been made. Now it is up to us to seek, knock and believe and even as the case may be battle. By the way, I am speaking to myself and still very much learning.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment