Friday, May 3, 2013

Fasting Effects

     I am more and more pleased with the results of this fast. I see more perseverance, more ability to finish things, more concentration and more enjoyment of my family.
     Watching things is like a constant distraction if you have an undue attraction to it, which I do. It clogs your brain and distracts you from what needs to be done even if you are not watching anything. Not watching something and not even being able to is very freeing.
     I realized also that I am not playing settlers on line either since before I started this fast. I used to play it when I had to put up my foot but after we were at Bible school I did not return to it. That was a time waster too, of course, and had somewhat the same effect as watching things.
    May the good grow greater. May new and invigorating paths be trod. And may I be willing to explore them. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment